CCDC Chemical Biological Center Engineering performs first article, product qualification, production and surveillance work for commercial and government customers.
The U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command Chemical Biological Center (CCDC Chemical Biological Center), Test Reliability & Evaluation Branch (TREB) has the capability to test Individual Protection (IP) and Collective Protection (CP )air filtration systems, respirators, masks, canisters and filters to help determine efficiencies, particulate penetration, pressure resistance, dust emission, breathing resistance, leakage and other critical properties.
Joint mask programs within CCDC Chemical Biological Center come to this laboratory to determine the effects of battlefield contaminants, such as oils, fuels, and decontaminants. This laboratory also has the capability to expose test samples to adverse environmental weathering conditions such as hot and cold temperatures, accelerated aging, and ozone to determine the durability of the equipment.
- Mask gas filter life testing with DMMP
- Mask filter aerosol penetration efficiency
- Mask leakage, breathing and drink resistance
- Dimensional inspection of craftsmanship
- Environmental and mechanical tests
- Q223 DMMP gas life tester
- TDA 100P aerosol penetrometer
- Government approved mask leakage and Q-Testers such as M14, Q179, and Q213
- Environmental chambers
- Ozone chamber
- Oxygen vessels